Friday, June 28, 2019

Tiny Homes

A noisy July 4th must be dreadful for military personnel suffering with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. 

I called Veterans Community Project asking if they would like me to volunteer July 4th. I could simply sit with a military veteran in their tiny home, or in the office, if they became anxious due to fireworks. The caseworker with whom I spoke, a combat veteran, was grateful, saying they never had anyone offer. 

They do not need me because their caseworkers are knowledgeable and prepared, which is what I expected. It was good to ask.

Then I thought about animal shelters. Holding a trembling dog or cat on a clamorous Independence Day makes sense. 

Photo location: Tiny homes built for homeless military veterans suffering with PTSD, Kansas City, Missouri. 

Photograph © 2019 Larry F. Levenson. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment