Thursday, February 25, 2016

Millage Gilbert: Blues Musician, Seventh Son of the Seventh Son





Update: January 16, 2022. 
Sadly, Mr. Gilbert passed away today.
#FeelingTheBlues

   Legendary blues musician, Millage Gilbert, is a celebrated performer known for his mastery of guitar, harmonica, and vocals. His style is a mix of Delta Blues, Memphis Soul, and Kansas City Blues.


   He comes from rural Mississippi.  "I was grown up from a family of 14. I'm the 12th child, the baby son. Now, I’m the only boy left living.  My father was the seventh son in his family, and I’m his seventh son."

   Millage, and his Down Home Blues Band, have performed with Bobby Bland, Otis Clay, Johnnie Taylor, Little Milton, Albert King, Z.Z. Hill, and Denise LaSalle.


   Performances have taken him across the United States, and to The Netherlands, and England.

Photograph © 2017 Larry F. Levenson. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment